Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes pdf: 2021, 2020.
- 1 Topic 1 Stress: Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes
- 2 Topic 2: Process of assessment and examination writing skills: Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes
- 3 Life Orientation Quiz
- 4 Downloadable Notes in Pdf Format
- 5 Life Orientation Grade 12 Resources
- 6 Have you made your career choice yet?
Topic 1 Stress: Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes
- What is stress? Stress is what we feel in situations we find difficult, challenging or even frightening. When we feel we can’t cope with the situation.
- What is good stress? Stress that makes you ready for action as it gives you adrenalin and energy. E.g. When you have to stand in front of the class and speak. It is for a short term and you can have sweaty palms and a dry mouthy or butterflies in your tummy.
- What is bad stress? If the stress is more than you can cope with, it is unhealthy. You may become ill, unhappy and depressed. You are not able to do your task as well as you could. You will have headaches or will not be able to sleep.
- What is a stressor? A stressor is anything, event or person that causes stress. It is the things that trigger stress
Topic 2: Process of assessment and examination writing skills: Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes
What is assessment?
It is the continuous planned process of gathering information on achievement.
It identifies how you cope with new knowledge, content and skills.
Different types of assessment?
- Formative assessment: happens when you are working on something and helps you and your teacher work out how you are coping.
- Summative assessment: this happens at the end of a term, chapter or project. It measures how you manage over a period of time.
- Self-assessment: you assess yourself.
Life Orientation Quiz
[show-quiz id=”31337″ title=”Life Orientation Grade 12 Quiz”]
Browse a list of free resources for Life Orientation Grade 12, such as: Previous Question Papers, Study Guides, Notes, Questions and Answers
Downloadable Notes in Pdf Format
More Topics covered on the Notes below:
Life Orientation Grade 12 Resources
- Life Orientation Grade 12 Latest Assessment Tasks for all terms CAPS
- Life Orientation school-based assessment (SBA) Grade 12
- Level of Stress and Stressors Grade 12 Life Orientation Notes pdf
- Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes pdf
- Life Orientation Grade 12 2020 October Past Exam Papers and Memos
- List of Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Papers and Memos for September and November 2019
- Life Orientation Grade 12 Study Guides and Summary Notes
Hey, Grade 12 Learners. My Courses portal has everything you needed to ace your matric exams, tests, assessments, research tasks, and assignments. Feel free to explore all resources for grade 12 learners, such as Study Guides, Department of Basic Education Past Exam Papers with Memos, and Speech Topics.
Have you made your career choice yet?
Now that you have made it all the way from your 1st grade to the final (Grade 12) grade, have you made up your mind about what career you want to pursue after matric? Have a look at the below questions and click on the links for more information:
Do you know:
- If you want to study at a University or College?
- What career or course/qualification do you plan to pursue after school?
- What subjects you will need to study for this career?
- Which country do you want to study at, Canada maybe?
- How will you pay for your studies?
My Courses also has resources for other grades such as : Grade 11, Grade 12, and Grade 10; as well as On-demand Question and Answers for all subjects.
Suggest practical solutions on how any Five of the youth risk behaviours can be addressed or reduced
Suggest practical solutions on how any Five of the youth risk behaviours can be addressed or reduced:
List of Five Risky behaviours and situations, with practical solutions:
Unsafe attitudes and behaviours: Includes drugs, alcohol use and experimentation, defiance and lying, moodiness and irritability, engaging in unsafe sex.
- Unprotected sexual activities that may lead to unwanted teenage pregnancies and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), Solution: Using a protection when engaging in sexual activities.
- strong addiction of drugs and alcohol, Solution: avoid experimenting with alcohol related drinks, as altimately leads to addiction.
- involvement in illegal works for easy earnings. Solution: stop being influenced by wrong friends who always think of getting involved in illigal works.
- under-age driving, Solution: Parents must put car key away from kids.
- unhealthy dietary behaviours. Solution: having a healthy and balanced lifestyle. This means, eating a balanced diet, getting regular exercise, avoiding tobacco and drugs and getting plenty of rest.
- inadequate physical activity. Solution: making a daily habit of physical activites: getting regular exercise.
Why is it important for Teenagers to investigate and be knowledgeable about risky behaviour
Why is it important for Teenagers to investigate and be knowledgeable about risky behaviour: Life Orientation.
Four Reasons why
- Teenagers need to investigate and be knowledgeable about risky behaviour as this helps them understand the consequences of their decisions and hopefully help them make better choices.
- Teenagers need to investigate and be knowledgeable about risky behaviour because learning more about high-risk behaviour will help them consider lower-risk alternatives instead.
- Teenagers need to investigate and be knowledgeable about risky behaviour because risk behavior is a lifestyle activity that puts a person at increased risk of suffering particular conditions.
- Some teenagers might not even have stable families, thus teenagers themselves need to investigate and eventually become knowledgeable about risky behaviour.
Media Reporting in a Democratic Society is evident when the following are in place
Media Reporting in a Democratic Society is evident when the following are in place: Life Orientation Grade 12.
A free, objective, skilled media is an essential component of any democratic society. On the one hand, it provides the information which the polity requires to make responsible, informed decisions. On the other, it performs a “checking function” ensuring that elected officials uphold their oaths of office and campaign promises and that they carry out the wishes of the electorate.GSDRC
Evidence of Media Reporting in a Democratic Society
Media Reporting should also support freedom of expression. Freedom of expression means that you can express your ideas and opinions freely through speech, writing, and other forms of communication. Freedom of expression is a basic right in a democratic society, and it applies to everyone, including individuals and the media. People may not express viewpoints that violate the rights of others.
In a democratic society such as South Africa, the following evidence need to exist to prove the presence of a democratic society:
- The role of the media is to inform society about daily events that are newsworthy.
- In a democracy, the media’s communicated, and educate.
- The media play an important role in informing citizens about their government, their rights and freedom and their health and safety.
- expose violations of human rights
- report on unlawful activities, the courts and court cases
- expose corruption and mismanagement
- communicate, inform and educate and entertain
- shape the public’s opinion
- give political information that can inform voters
- identify problems in our country and communities
- promote debate and discussion
- promote nation-building, by giving access to diverse viewpoints and world views, as well as sports cover
Questions and Answers
My Courses has a large Questions and Answers repository for the most popular High School and Tertiary Schools subjects. This comes in handy when doing your revision or preparing for exams, tests, research tasks, and assignments.
Questions and Answers for Previous Exams Tests and Assignments2 years ago
Describe how Ubuntu fight social challenges
Physical Science Grade 123 years ago
Physical Science Grade 12 Notes pdf for study revision
Setswana Grade 103 years ago
Diane tsa Setswana le ditlhaloso: downloadable pdf
Grade 83 years ago
Grade 8 ems Exam Questions and Answers
English Grade 103 years ago
91 Unique English Speech Topics for Grade 11 | Class 11: Education Resource
Sesotho Grade 102 years ago
Popular Sesotho Idioms: Maele a Sesotho le Ditlhaloso – English Translations
English Grade 102 years ago
My Name Poem by Magoleng wa Selepe: Questions and Answers
Life Sciences Grade 113 years ago
Life Sciences Practical Tasks Grade 11 SBA for all Terms: Education Resource